|The 301 Mono Amplifiers have been discontinued, but we've left this page up for reference purposes.
Since the late 1980s, Dr. Arthur Loesch has been a major figure in the revival of the Single-Ended Triode (SET) amplifier for home audio use.
The Model 301 Mono Amplifier features a single 300B or Type 50 output tube. The filament voltage for the 300B and 50 power tubes can be switched externally, making them interchangeable with the flip of a switch. Designed for loudspeakers with a minimum efficiency of 94dB/1m, installing either power tube will easily drive your speakers to satisfactory SPL levels in most listening rooms.
Sonically, the Model 301 redefines the sound of the 300B, for which it's primarily designed. Highs are clear, detailed and undistorted; the midrange is full, rich, and vibrant; and the bass is bold and deep, with an impact usually attributed to solid state equipment. Sound staging is wide, deep, and three-dimensional. These amplifiers present music with the snap and timing of a live performance, sailing through the most difficult recordings, as they lift the last veil between you and the stage.
- Tango AC, Output, Interstage and DC Filter Transformers
- Transformer coupling throughout the audio section, with no capacitors directly in the signal path
- Available for either 100V, 120V, or 240V worldwide operation
- WBT-0210 Ag NextGen Fine Silver RCA Sockets
- WBT 0710 Ag NextGen Fine Silver Binding Posts
- Zero Negative Feedback
- Pure Class A Performance
- Teflon® insulated, pure silver wire throughout the audio signal path.
- Teflon® insulated, silver-plated copper wire throughout the power supply.
- High Tone Teflon® and Ceramic Tube Sockets
- Teflon® and Polypropylene Capacitors throughout (no electrolytics)
- Caddock MS Series Power Resistors
- Furutech 15A IEC Teflon® Power Inlet
- Shielded, 14 Gauge Quail detachable power cord included
- Optional 12 Gauge, double-Teflon® insulated, CS Power Cord available as an upgrade
- Soundcare® SuperSpikesTM for increased isolation from airborne and mechanical feedback
Rear Plate: WBT NextGen RCA single-ended and Furutech balanced inputs, WBT Top Line binding posts for Common, 4, 6, 8, and 16 Ohm taps (WBT NextGen Ag available as an upgrade), DC and AC circuit breakers, and 15 Amp Furutech IEC power inlet, machined from solid Teflon.®
|Specifications||Model 301 mono Amplifier|
|Impedance||Input = 100K Ohms|
Output = 4, 6, 8, 16 Ohms
|Input||12AU7 / ECC82|
|Rectifier||5AR4 / GZ34|
|Output||300B or 50|
(Pure Class A)
|Plate Voltage||380 Watts|
|Plate Dissipation||22.8 Watts (Auto Bias)|
|Filament Voltage||5.0V @ 1.5A (300B)|
7.5V @ 1.5A (50)
|300B||8 Watts per Mono Amp|
|50||4 Watts per Mono Amp|
|112 Watts @ 1.10 Amps per Mono Amp|
|Power Supply|| |
|AC Mains Input||100V, 120V, or 240V (all fixed)|
|Size||16.75" Wide x 12.0" Deep x 10.0" High|
(425mm Wide x 305mm Deep x 254mm High)
|Net Weight||45 lbs. (20.45 kg) each|
|Prices||Plus shipping from Saratoga Springs, NY, 12866 USA|
|Amplifiers Only||$11,000 per pair, without tubes|
|Premium 300B Tube Package||+$1200 per pair of amplifiers, including new Emission Labs 300B Mesh Plates, NOS Sylvania (Philips ECG 5AR4), NOS Black Glass Tung Sol 12AU7, and NOS Sylvania 6350|
Tube prices may vary subject to availability.
|Power Cord Upgrade||Upgrade the standard 14 Gauge shielded power cord to our 12 Gauge double-Teflon® insulated, CS Power Cord, featuring WattGate Audio Grade terminations.|
+$250/6 feet, +$10 each additional foot, per amplifier
|Availability||No longer available|
Tempo Electric LLC
PO Box 770
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866-0770
The best time to reach us by telephone is 10AM-6PM, US Eastern Time.
If you reach our voicemail, please leave a message with the best time to return your call.
You can always contact us by eMail, instead. Either way, we will try to reply within 24 hours.